On February 10, Valencia and Yorba Linda high school competed against 800+ students at the Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) Southern Section Leadership Conference. The event, a competition to test students’ business knowledge and skills, took place at Valencia High School in Placentia.
Valencia High School
Several Tigers qualified for the California State level competition including two in Economics. Chris Leung crushed the competition taking first place, while Chanson Zhao placed fourth. Sam Littrell, Jason Keung, and Frank Kim teamed up to take the Entrepreneurship team title. Here are additional results from VHS:
- Business Calculations, 4th place – Chanson Zhao
- Business Law, 10th place – Sung Jae Woo
- Economics, 1st place – Chris Leung
- Economics, 4th place – Chanson Zhae
- Economics, 7th place – Armaan Uppal
- Impromptu Speaking, 3rd place – Jacob Pan
- Intro to Financial Math, 3th place – Frank Kim
- Intro to Financial Math, 6th place – Samuel Littrell
- Intro to Business, 10th place – Sung Jae Woo
- Personal Finance, 5th place – Omkar Kardani
- Securities and Investments, 4th place – Omkar Kardani
Yorba Linda High School
Yorba Linda High School Future Business Leaders of America is in its 3rd year. The chapter has grown from 10 members in 2015-2016 to over 60 members for the 2017-2018 school year. Each year, the students have represented YLHS at various competitive conferences, coming away with achievements that make all Mustangs proud!
On February 10, 33 members of the YLHS chapter competed in events such as Introduction to Business, Business Communications, Economics, Impromptu Speaking, Public Speaking, Entrepreneurship, Global Business, and more. All grade levels participated. Here is a list of all the students that placed in the top 10 in each of their events:
- Parliamentary Procedure, 4th place – Aashvi Bhagat, Sydnie Chin, Kaylee Haro, Joanne Sumarsono, Emily Remer
- Sports & Entertainment Management, 8th place – Amanda Walion, Bryson Bissonnette, Sydnie Chin
- Global Business, 6th place – Sarah Chen, Janet Han, Alice Ding
- Entrepreneurship, 4th place – Simran Chowdhry, Zachary Co
- Healthcare Administration, 7th place – Kobi Khong
- Intro to Business, 2nd place – Ishaan Sakhrani
- Marketing, 10th place – Trevor Chang, Zackary Co, Simran Chowdhry
- Public Speaking, 8th place – Derrick Yen
- Impromptu Speaking, 1st place – Wayne Chan
- Hospitality Management, 8th place – Elianna Shim, Priscilla Kim, Claire Yum
- Intro to Financial Math, 8th place – Dylan Shih
YLHS FBLA also placed ninth out of over 30 chapters to win Sweepstakes, a contest to see which chapters had the most members place. Students that placed in the top six of their event have qualified for a spot to compete at state. Congratulations to all chapter members for their well-deserved recognition and awards! Next up, California State Leadership Conference.
Lastly, YLHS is proud to have two members win and represent FBLA for southern section which consists of over 30 schools. Please congratulate Sarah Chen, VP of Membership, and Emily Remer, Southern Section President, for the 2018-2019 school year. Emily will be working with California State FBLA board in the next year to govern the entire state of California FBLA!