On April 19, Travis Ranch School’s WE Club President, Angelina Hellwig, was honored for her significant contributions to the club on stage at WE Day California at Forum in Inglewood.
WE Day is an unparalleled celebration of young people committed to making a difference. WE Schools is the yearlong program that nurtures compassion in young people and gives them the tools to create change in their local and global communities.
This star studded event included 17,000 students that earned their ticket by participating in acts of kindness, charity, and service towards others. Celebrities included host John Stamos, Jennifer Aniston, Morgan Freeman, Selena Gomez, Cyndi Lauper, Will Ferrell, and many more.
Forty-two Travis Ranch representatives were honored with reserved floor seating directly in front of the stage. This is the club’s 5th year attending WE Day. At Travis Ranch, the club promotes thinking and living “WE as opposed to ME.”
Here are the club’s contributions for the 2017-18 school year:
Theme: Supporting Ecuador in the area of Health
- Over 1000 items (20 boxes of food and hygiene items) donated to Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified School District (PYLUSD) food pantry through “WE Scare Hunger” campaign
- Over 600 socks, blankets (including sleeping bags), & winter items donated locally to the OC Rescue Mission through “WE Won’t Rest” campaign
- $995.00 in Rafiki Sales for through the “WE LOVE” Valentine’s fundraiser for Ecuador/Health
- $500 donated to the American Red Cross from t-shirt sales to support the victims of the hurricanes
- $577 in gift cards plus baby items to a local family that lost their mother in the Las Vegas shooting
- $982 for WE Are Silent to Ecuador/Health
President: Angelina Helliwg
Vice-President: Sydney Barnes
Secretary: Michael Abbaszade
Treasurer: Kira Krager
Campaigns: Natalie Jamison
Media: Valeria DaSilva & Isabella Hellwig
Teacher Advisor: Mrs. Hellwig
Great job, Trailblazers!