Esperanza High School held their annual car show on Wednesday, Feb. 3, during lunch in the front of the school. Students entered their showpiece cars in four different categories: classic, off-road, sports and cutest car. Teachers served as judges, and they also picked best overall and honorable mention. This was a wonderful opportunity for students to see vintage automobiles as well and brand new cars. Students who attended also received a free hot dog lunch and music from AMP radio. The event was a great chance for students to get more involved with their school.
Winners of this year’s car show:
- Best classic car: Eric Radice with a Chevrolet Impala
- Best off-road: Jon Winters with a Volkswagen Thing
- Best sports car: Sam Easterday with a Chevrolet Nova
- Cutest car: Owen Medeiros wth a Volkswagen Buggy
- Best overall: Jason Scudellari with a Ford Sunliner
- Honorable mention: Elizabeth Hurteau with a Cadillac CTS