Brookhaven Elementary School held its first annual “Brookhaven Bee” spelling bee this week, where contestants proved their determination, sportsmanship, class and outstanding ability to handle high-pressure situations with ease during the competition.
In January, third through sixth graders held their own in-class spelling bees to find the top three spellers that would represent their classrooms in the Brookhaven Bee. These 27 determined kids then spent the next few weeks ferociously studying online word lists, and becoming familiar with District Spelling Bee regulations.
The top three spellers from each grade will now be invited to participate in the R.E.A.C.H. Foundation’s District Spelling Bee on Saturday, April 23, in the district’s Performing Arts Center (PAC).
A special thank you to Tarran Wittmier who lead this experience, along with Brookhaven’s incredible PTA team who provided refreshments for all of the participants and families.
- Fatima Bazzi (Silver Medal)
- Carter Ranta (Bronze Medal)
- Owen Switzer (Gold Medal)
- Ayramie Bennett (Silver Medal)
- Henry Mack (Gold Medal)
- Cole Mortensen (Bronze Medal)
- Ivan Chang (Silver Medal)
- Alexis Cruz (Bronze Medal)
- Phillip Seidl (Gold Medal)
- Alex Hobrath (Bronze Medal)
- Jonathan Marchese (Gold Medal)
- Cyril Yousseff (Silver Medal)