Tuffree Middle School celebrated Red Ribbon Week from Oct. 24 through Oct. 28. The school focused on doing fun activities and celebrating accomplishments, as opposed to doing drugs. The themes were:
- Monday: “Put drugs to sleep” – students wore PJs, and had sack races at lunch
- Tuesday: “Lasso out drugs” – students wore western clothing, and had a lasso contest at lunch
- Wednesday: “Don’t let your future go up in smoke” – students dressed as their future profession, and had a fashion show at lunch
- Thursday: “Fight off drugs” – students dressed as a super hero, and had a dance-off in the quad
- Friday: “Team up against drugs” – students wore team jersey, had a team hula hoop contest and attended an assembly from Camfel Productions titled “Worth It”
If students participated in all activities, they received an ice cream sundae as they left campus on Friday.