El Dorado High School (EDHS) teacher David Block, who serves as a Design, Visual & Media Arts Pathway Instructor, is a 2023 North Orange County Regional Occupational Program’s (NOCROP) Employee of the Year!
Mr. Block has been teaching for NOCROP at El Dorado High School since 2015. He designed the curriculum for three of the school’s Digital Media Arts Academy (DMAA) classes including Digital Design & Illustration, Advanced Graphic Design, and Honors Graphic Design courses, all of which have been UC approved.
Mr. Block and fellow employees of the year were nominated by their colleagues and selected by Cabinet for their above-and-beyond service to NOCROP’s students, staff, and schools for exemplifying the following attributes:
- Amplifies ROP’s reputation, value, and visibility among stakeholders and within the greater community.
- Brings contagious creativity, innovation, and passion to their areas of responsibility.
- Constructs powerful learning experiences for staff, stakeholders, and students.
- Makes recognizable contributions that have resulted in significant gains or long-term excellence in areas of responsibility, organizational goals/priorities, and/or student achievement.
- Promotes the mission, vision and priorities of the organization and its partners.
- Provides opportunities to support students or extended learning beyond the classroom.
- Seeks out, collaborates with, and effectively mentors others to improve organizational efficacy or student achievement.
- Serves in a leadership capacity beyond regular job duties at the school or worksite.
- Starts a new or revitalizes an established initiative or program benefitting staff, stakeholders, or students.
North Orange County ROP is a collaborative effort in career technical education by five school districts including Anaheim Union High School District, Brea Olinda Unified School District, Fullerton Joint Union High School District, Los Alamitos Unified School District, and Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified School District. The program, under the direction of Superintendent Dana Lynch, offers a wide variety of career technical education coursework and career readiness training to over 16,000 students in the county.
Thank you, North Orange County ROP, for bestowing this special recognition upon an educator serving students in PYLUSD. Congratulations, Mr. Block and EDHS!